About Me

My photo
Well, I've been married for a few years to my wonderful husband, Josh. We have two beautiful daughters (2 years old & 6 months old) who keep us extremely busy. In addition to my mommy duties, I work full-time and also feel the need to volunteer by helping several organizations with events...and then I wonder why I am always stressed about finding time for it all!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yummy, Yummy Corn Dip

I rarely cook dinner for my family, but I really do enjoy cooking and entertaining. Last week/weekend was big for me. First of all, it was my first week back to the office after my 3 months of maternity leave. I had a hard enough time coping with that, but decided to host a Stella & Dot jewelry party on Wednesday night, a Halloween party on Saturday and a party after our youngest daughter's baptism on Sunday! I try to be as organized as possible so I planned the menus for each event in advance and tried to find recipes that could be made in advance. The corn dip was my favorite and was so easy to make that I made it for the jewelry party and again on Halloween. Here's the recipe:

1 chopped green bell pepper
1 bunch of chopped green onions (shallots)
2 cans of white shoepeg corn
1 can of chopped green chiles
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 tsp. cumin

The cumin makes the dip! Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. I used Fritos scoops with it...not exactly a healthy option, but it was darn good.

I also made homemade ginger snaps served with apple slices and pumpkin dip (pumpkin, cream cheese, powdered sugar, cinnamon & cloves). The pumpkin dip can be prepared in advance also. The ginger snap dough can also be prepared ahead of time to freeze, then bake whenever you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment