About Me

My photo
Well, I've been married for a few years to my wonderful husband, Josh. We have two beautiful daughters (2 years old & 6 months old) who keep us extremely busy. In addition to my mommy duties, I work full-time and also feel the need to volunteer by helping several organizations with events...and then I wonder why I am always stressed about finding time for it all!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Save Kidneys. Save Lives.

I am participating in the NephCure Charity Walk for my boss’s son, Will Wellman. Will is only 26 years old and was diagnosed with a rare kidney disease called Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). This disease has no known causes or cures and is a struggle Will has to live with everyday, until it is time for him to receive a kidney transplant.

NephCure is an organization committed exclusively to supporting research seeking a cause and cure for Nephrotic Syndrome and Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). NephCure is the number one group supporting research and raising awareness about this disease, and is doing a lot of great work.

Will has created a team for the NephCure Foundation Charity Walk at Sand Key Park in Clearwater Beach on Saturday, December 12th. I'm asking you to consider supporting Will and this event by making a donation to NephCure and/or consider walking with us. There is no registration fee; walkers are asked to raise $100 - just get 10 friends to donate $10! Click here to make a donation on my fundraising page. Please click here to register as a walker – be sure to sign up as a walker for the team “Whelk Giggles.”


Thanks in advance for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment